Happy Camper Layout using You Are Here Cricut Collection

The first time I flipped through the handbook for the new You Are Here Cricut cartridge, I was drawn vintage trailer camper. It was so cute that I couldn't wait to cut it out. Add to that the "Happy Camper" title and we have a winner!





For this layout, I also used several other images from the cartridge. Thanks to the recent updates in Design Space, it is easy to see what images were used. I pulled up this list by clicking on the project in the My Projects list. If you'd like to use one of these images, the best way to add them to your project is to click Insert Image then type the image number (including the hashtag) into the search bar.


When I started this project, I knew I wanted the camper to be teal and white. So I started with our Lagoon and started playing around with other colors. The color scheme I ended up with was Lagoon, Peacock, Sorbet and Pewter.

Our new two toned cardstock gave me more options  while sticking to those colors. For example, I used the actual Lagoon color for the trailer, but used the lighter back side for the awning and trees. In this picture you can also see the difference between the Pewter on the trailer door and tires vs the lighter shade in the title.



Rather than make the layout completely with solid cardstock, I used the Peacock patterned paper from the Enchantment Fundamental paper pack. I love how this paper adds some fun detail without introducing new colors to my pages.


I hope you enjoy this layout and are inspired to find time to create too. You need that in your life!

If you are interested in learning more about You Are Here and the other new Cricut Collections, check out my post from earlier this month. Ready to get your cartridge? You can order it from my Close To My Heart website. 

Did you know you can earn your You Are Here Cricut Collection for free? Join my team in August and place $300 in orders by September and it's yours!



*******
Shopping for a new Cricut Machine? Get 10% off the Air or Air 2 machine plus free shipping in August with code AUGUSTAIR at checkout. Shop now>>