Springtime in Dallas: Flower Market layout

This coming weekend, I'm excited to be heading to Dallas. Although it is going to be a quick trip, I'm hoping to get a chance to see some of the famous Texas Bluebonnets. According to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, we are right in the middle of the season.


I can't wait to get a few pictures to put on this layout I made using the Flower Market Cricut cartridge. I love that this cartridge has such a variety of detailed flowers. In an earlier post, I included a link to a document listing of all 50 flowers on the cartridge.


The layers of the flowers are cut from Glacier, Pacifica and Sapphire solid cardstock. The leaves and stems are made of Willow. Scattered over the page are stars cut from Lemon cardstock. The white tag and the "in TEXAS" from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which is retired. (I have one left in inventory -- message me if you'd like it!) All remaining cuts are from the new Flower Market Cricut cartridge.


On the outer edges, I used coordinating papers from the Enchantment and Adventure Fundamentals line. These patterned papers add more interest than solid cardstock without overwhelming the the floral theme of the page. Starting on the outer edges, you can see strips of the Sapphire thin stripes, Pacifica dots and Lemon broad stripes papers. White Twine and Blue Enamel Gems finish off the page.

While in Texas, I will be at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo at the Gaylord Texas Resort in Grapevine. If you will be in the area, please stop by the Close To My Heart booth to say "Hi!". If you can come on Friday morning, you'll have a chance to make this layout as a create & take!