Back to School and Back to the Basics

This week is Back to School for my family. In addition to my daughter starting her Junior year of High School (where did time go?), I’m starting a new adventure this year by teaching an algebra class at our local college.

Our week has been filled with new books, school supplies and trying to get back to a more regular sleep pattern. So today, I thought it was fitting to dedicate a post to the hard working professionals we call teachers.

Fundamental_Basics_schoolhouse


If you are a teacher, you don't hear these words nearly enough. So I just want to say: “THANK YOU!”

This card was inspired by a similar one presented at convention by Karen Pedersen. She showed us this technique of adding a watercolor wash to kraft paper. Instead of the bright color we normally get from watercolor, we get soft, natural looking colors.

For this card, I stamped the apples from the School Kids (D1709) stamp set with black ink on the dotted kraft paper in the new Rustic Home Fundamental Basics paper pack and added color with watercolors. For the school house and ruler, I used the solid back side of the dotted paper. Similarly, the red strip was made with plain kraft paper and a wash with red watercolor.


Just a reminder of our August special where you can get the Rustic Fundamentals paper for free when you order the Whimsy, Adventure and Enchantment papers! Learn more about the special>>



Have a great school year!
Rebecca


I used the following products that can be found on my CTMH website (www.rebeccabrown.ctmh.com).


School Kids (D1709)
product image
Watercolor Paints (Z3132)
product image
Paint Brushes (Z3188)
product image
Rustic Home Fundamental Papers (Z3262)
product image
White Twine (Z3216)