Using Studio J to preserve Kids Artwork

I love looking back at my daughter's artwork. Now that she is a teenager, the days of her proudly presenting her latest project to be added to the family gallery (i.e. refrigerator) are gone. As I was cleaning out my closet a few weeks ago, I found a box of some of these precious papers. 

I decided not to stack them back in the box where they would be hidden away, but instead put them in her school albums to be viewed and enjoyed. However, because they are odd sizes --- some on full 11" x 17" pieces of construction paper while others are doodles on scrap paper --- there was not a very neat way to get them into the books. 

Studio J to the rescue! Using my scanner, I converted each piece of artwork to a jpg. I uploaded these images into Studio J as if they were photos. Then I created a layout in Studio J using the "No Limits" pattern. The paper kit I selected is called "Discovery".

No Limits is basically a layout made up of two 12" x 12" photo wells. I converted them to journaling boxes and dropped this pretty "buggy" green paper into them. I added a title and then added photo wells for the photos. After I dropped the pictures of the artwork into the photo wells, I adjusted the sizes and moved them around until I was happy with the arrangement. 



This really was a quick project. The longest step was scanning the artwork. If you are not familiar with Studio J, you can give it a try using the link below.

Enter Studio J>>

You will be asked to create an account and then you can start creating. There is no software to purchase! In fact, you do not have to spend a penny until you are ready to order prints.


Hurry! There is still time to take advantage of the Flash Sale on Studio J prints. You can order a two page layout for just $5 (normally $6.95). This special ends TODAY (July 31) at 5 pm (MDT)!

If you have any questions about Studio J, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Now that I have these precious pieces of art copied into her scrapbook, I am trying to convince myself it is ok to get rid of the originals. My mind says it is, but my heart is having trouble catching up. How about you, do you save the papers from your children's younger ages?

Keep Creating,
Rebecca