Creatively Expressing Gratitude

I love that we as a nation have a holiday called Thanksgiving. Although the meaning is often lost in today's hectic pace and other things like shopping and football may overshadow the historical significance, it remains on our calendar as a reminder that we are blessed. 

As we lead up to Thanksgiving, I'm reminded of all the people that I'm thankful for. I was blessed to grow up in a loving home, community and church. My family remains important to me to this day, but I have faded memories of teachers, grocers, softball coaches, church leaders, friends' parents and neighbors who took the time to show interest in a little girl. Although most of these people are no longer in my life, they are a part of who I am and for that I am thankful. Who do you have in your life -- past or present -- who you are thankful for? 

Today, I'm sharing a couple of layouts using the Pathfinding collection that focus on being thankful for the special people in our lives. 


I can not take the credit for these beautiful pages. The layouts were designed by the amazing Close To My Heart artists, but they didn't fit into the catalog. You can recreate these pages quick and simply with the Pathfinding Products including the Paper, Complements and Assortment. By using coordinating products and basic patterns, they achieved remarkable results without any fancy tools or techniques.

I hope these pages inspire you to get creative in the way you show your gratitude for the people God has placed in your life. Whether it is making cards, scrapbooking or other projects, Close To My Heart remains focused on celebrating special relationships. 

Feeling Blessed,
Rebecca