#30yearsofhappy - Day 28


We are almost done with our month long #30yearsofhappy challenge. Today I am sharing my last entry. Stay tuned for 2 more days to see Julia & Ellen's final projects.

September is National Stamping Month and Close To My Heart is celebrating all month long by giving away a fun stamp set with qualifying orders!  This special stamp set, #30yearsofhappy, was designed to celebrate our founder and CEO Jeanette Lynton's 30th anniversary in the scrapbooking and stamping industry. To get this stamp set free, simply place an order on my Close To My Heart website which includes $30 in current retail-priced stamps.




Are you up for a challenge? You are invited to join us! Scroll to the bottom of this post for an invitation to post a link to your project using the #30yearsofhappy stamp set.

Love Bible Journaling

A few weeks ago, I discovered a new art form that combines Bible Study with creativity. Bible Journaling is creating artwork in the margins or even over the text of your Bible that help to illustrate the content. It could be as simple as highlighting key verses or involve multiple layers of craft mediums. The best way to describe it is to show you some examples. Click here to see my Bible Journaling Pinterst board.

I have always learned best when I write and doodle my way through content, so I thought this would be an excellent way to get deeper into the word. You can start with any Bible, but I bought a ESV journaling Bible so I'd have the nice wide margins to work in.


For my first Bible journaling effort, I choose I John 4:8, "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is Love. I made the prototype shown above on cardstock while I waited for my Bible to come in. I can't wait to put it into the margin of my Bible --- I'll post a link as soon as I get it done.



I used the LOVE stamp from the #30yearsofhappy stamp set with Pixie ink. I also used the Be Still (A1141) stamp set and masked off all the words except "Know God". If you want to learn more about Bible Journaling, check out the Journaling Bible Community Facebook Group.

Be sure to check back tomorrow, when Ellen at www.cardmonkeysjungle.com will share another project made using this fun stamp set.

There are only 2 days left to get your hands on one of this stamp set. Here's how: Go to my CTMH website and pick out several stamp sets you love with total retail of $30 or more. This will be easy because there are so many great new sets to pick from! When you view your shopping cart, you will be prompted to add #30yearsofhappy for FREE!



In the meantime, keep creating!

Rebecca