My First Cricut Explore Project!!

My sweet hubby surprised me with a Cricut Explore earlier this month as a combined Mother's Day & Birthday gift. I couldn't wait to get it out of the box and start playing. But life has been in the way all week. Last weekend I hooked it up, ran the install program, set up my account, etc....and FINALLY got to play!

Here's a peek at my first project:


Additional pictures below. Curious about how the Cricut Explore works? Read as I share my experience with you. 

After I installed Design Space, I arrived at this "landing page" with ready made projects. Scrolling down showed many additional projects....where to start??


I need a couple graduation cards, so I decided to make the card in the lower right corner. When I clicked on the image, this window popped up.


I planned to make is just as shown, so I clicked "make it now" which took me to this view showing the mats to be cut.



Since I wanted two cards, I changed the count and pressed Apply. (See red circle.) The additional pieces were added to my mats automatically.



When I pressed "Go", I was guided through inserting the pen, loading and unloading mats. Then I assembled the card and Presto! My cards were ready to be assembled.

Here is on of my finished cards:


It doesn't show up too well in the picture, but I cut the Congrats from shiny silver paper. It was in my stash without any wrapping so I can't tell you where it came from. I also made some confetti with scraps of the silver paper using another predesigned project.



So far I am having a blast with my new Explore! Making a pre-designed project is a great way to start learning the ropes while creating. The pen worked much better than I anticipated and I'm looking forward to being able to both cut and draw with the same machine.

If you have a Cricut Explore, I'd love to see and hear about your projects. Please post links to your blog or gallery with pictures in the comments section below. Also, please let me know what questions you have -- we can explore and learn together!

Happy Creating,
Rebecca