Soccer Artbooking Layout

Do you have some old sports pictures that you'd like to add to your scrapbooks? My daughter has only played competitive sports one season a few years ago so I wanted this layout to be special. I used the Artbooking cartridge to make custom titles, overlay and other elements for these pages.



The overlay is on page 83 of the handbook.  It is really easy for the overlays to overpower everything else on the page, including the pictures. So I cut it out of the grey print from the Proplayer Paper pack to create a tone-on-tone design with the Slate cardstock. This helps keep the pictures as the focal point while adding great detail.


I cut the full page overlay because I was planning to just make a single page layout. However, I found that the pictures hid most of the overlay, so I cut it in half and split it between the two pages. In doing this, I was able to display the most relevant words like "fun" and "go team" and hid the ones that didn't really fit a kindergarten soccer team ("defense"). 

I cut the word "Soccer" and the ball from this same page. I stole the word "Girl" from the very girly page 80 and "Read. Set. Go" from the school layout on page 69. I love how you can mix and match titles, photo mats, borders and overlays from different layouts on the cartridge.

I cut everything at 11.5" so it was all scaled appropriately for a 12" x 12" scrapbook page. I love the relative cut sizing on the Artbooking cartridge! When you work with this cartridge, you set the cut size based on the completed project size rather than the individual image size. It really simplifies pulling together a layout - no more recutting because the size isn't what you expected. (By the way, if you want an image cut a specific size, you can press the "Real Dial Size" button.)

Other embellishments are from the Proplayer Assortment and a couple Slate Twist Ties. I also used a few of the stars that were cut from the overlay. The opposite side was a darker design that showed up well on the slate base pages.

I have several projects lined up this holiday week. I hope that you also find time to relax and create as well.

Keep Creating,
Rebecca