Scandinavian Wishes Blog Hop


Welcome to our October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month's stamp from Close To My Heart is "Scandinavian Wishes" and is available exclusively through your Close To My Heart consultant from October 1 - 31, 2013. This month you can receive this stamp set for $5 with a qualifying purchase of $50. 

If you don't already have a consultant you are currently working with, please contact one of the consultants on our hop with any questions you have.


If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog - Love 2 Create. If you came from Scrapper's Therapy then you are in the right place!

My project today is super simple. You may notice the red outlines on several images on the stamp set. Each of these shapes are available on the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

The first image -- a fancy square -- is on page 53 of the cartridge handbook. The stamp set carrier sheet tells you to cut the square at 2" for the image to fit exactly. 


However, instead of cutting the square, I decided make the folded square card on the right. Since the front of the card is the same fancy square, the stamp fit it perfectly when I cut it at 2".

The stamp included "To:" and "From:". However, since I'm making a folded card gift tag, I wanted to stamp the pretty greenery on the front and the words on the inside. So I (gasp!) cut the stamp apart. This is much easier than masking and you can always reassemble the stamp on the block if you want on a later project.

Here's the front of my gift tag card:



And the inside:


Your next stop on our Scandinavian Wishes" hop is Pam's Crafty Creations.

Here is the entire lineup in case you get lost along the way:

3. Rebecca at Show Me Scrapping (you are here!)

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

Photobucket