A Chocolate Affair



Welcome to our August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  This month's stamp from Close to My Heart is "A Chocolate Affair" and is available exclusively through your Close to My Heart consultant from August 1 - 30, 2013.  This month, you can receive this stamp set for FREE with a qualifying purchase of $50.



If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog– Love 2 Create.   If you came from Darla's blog, Caution: Crafting is Contagious, then you are in the right place!

You can count on a company who created paper and ink colors of Cocoa and Chocolate to come up with a stamp set as sweet as this. Way to go Close To My Heart!

So on to my project...

I know some of you received free My Creations Milk Cartons during the June special. Although these are no longer available for purchase, I bet there are several of you out there looking for a cute crafty way to decorate them. I thought putting "Who Needs Milk?" on a milk carton filled with chocolate candy would be a fun play on words. 




If you do not have any of the pre-made cartons, you can cut your own using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge (p. 46 of the handbook).

For this project, I first cut a piece of 3" x 12" Cocoa cardstock and scalloped the bottom edge with a corner rounder. It would have been quicker (and neater) if I had the new Scallop Border Punch, but I made due with what I have. Next, I scored the paper ever 3" so that it would wrap around the carton neatly. I adhered the band of paper to the carton with Tombow tape.

Next I tied Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around the carton. I stamped a few pieces of chocolate on white paper with Chocolate ink and cut them out. To make them shiny and dimensional, I covered them with a layer of Liquid Glass. Then I arranged them with some foam tape on the carton.


I cut a label from Cocoa ink on the Cricut and stamped the sentiment with White Daisy pigment ink. 



The finishing touch is the "sweet" clothes pin from the Mini-Medley Accent Wooden Collection. This stamp set is so much fun and full of possibilities! The picture below shows some additional projects you can make. Click here for a supply list and helpful hints.





Your next stop on our "Chocolate Affair" hop is Jennifer at 4 Hearts Scrapbooking.
  1. Lucy ~ Love 2 Create 
  2. Darla ~ Caution: Crafting is Contagious
  3. Rebecca ~ Show Me Scrapping (you are here!)
  4. Jennifer ~ 4 Hearts Scrapbooking
  5. Janna ~ The Creative Princess
  6. Pam ~ Pam's Crafty Creations
  7. Connie ~ Connie Creates 2 
  8. Mary ~ Cr8ive M.E. 
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

Photobucket