Artbooking - New Pool Layout

I made my first Artbooking layout today!


This layout shows the construction of our pool from the ground breaking to the water-filled pool. We started construction in December and it was completed in early spring. The pictures on the right are from a chilly April day in Missouri -- too cold to swim, but we were too excited to keep our feet out of the water.

I will be using flip flaps on the top left corner to show some intermediate steps of the construction process.




I choose Surf's Up paper because it is perfect for any summer and water layouts. But it wasn't until I was nearly done that I realized how appropriate it is for a pool construction page and read the sentiments on the paper. I love the double meaning of "Dig It!" on this page.


I used several different keys to make this layout. The water overlay is on p. 78 of the handbook (Shift/Overlay, 11").

I trimmed the top border off to look like the peaks of waves.


The "FUN" photo mat on the right is on p. 53 of the handbook (Photo Mat 2, 7"). To give it a little dimension without using a whole role of foam tape, I mounted it on a piece of chipboard (i.e. cereal box) just a little smaller than the mat. This also gave it a much smoother appearance than mounting on foam tape would have.


The banner is also on p. 53 (Photo mat 1, 1.5" Real Dial Size). Remember when you are cutting Artbooking elements that are designed to be in a mini-album or layout, by default they will cut to be a size that is relevant to the size of the album or layout. I knew I wanted these banners to be exactly 1.5", so I pressed the Real Dial Size. 



The font on the Artbooking cartridge is perfect for this fun pool layout. I cut these letters at 3/4 inches.

One more close up of some of the details.


Since we are enjoying our 4th summer with the pool, it is good to finally get this layout done to capture the excitement that first spring after it was completed.

So are you ready to get Artbooking for yourself? You can get your cartridge with a lot of extra goodies through my pre-order special. Click HERE for details.

And always, keep creating!
Photobucket