Butterfly Shots

Yesterday, I took a basic photography class with StlPhotoArt.com. I had a great time and learned a ton about my camera. If you are in the St. Louis area and wanting to learn to take better pictures, I would definitely recommend taking this class.

We met at the St. Louis Zoo and spent about the first half of the class in the cafe. Brian stepped us through the settings on our camera starting with fully automatic and working our way up to the semi-manual modes. His pace was perfect! I've tried to learn this on my own by reading books, but a living, breathing human is much easier to understand than black and white print. We found the settings on our own cameras and asked all kinds of questions along the way.

Then we bundled up and headed out to shoot some animals in the snow. After walking about 20 feet in the cold, Brian decided the butterflies would be our best subjects. Great Call! We spent the next hour snapping pictures in the tropical climate of the insect house.

Here's some of my favorite shots...


 


 



Can't wait to get out and try my new knowledge on other subjects.

Keep creating,
Rebecca

Photobucket