What to do with all this paper?

This summer, I have been working on organizing my office/craft room. This process has made me realize how much stuff I have accumulated over the years. Since joining Close To My Heart in November 2010, I have used their products almost exclusively. So everything else (mostly papers) has just been sitting unused.

I am proud to say that all of my paper now fits in these three file drawers! And there is actually room to spare!



As I opened storage containers, I challenged myself to sort papers into three groups:
1) Papers LOVE and am so glad I found. These are the papers I can't wait to use!



I further subdivided these by theme, holiday/season or color so that I can easily find and use them. You can find some great ideas for organizing your paper by listening to the "Overwhelmed to Organized" webinars at The Scraprack.

I modified her list of categories and here's what I came up with:
  • Alphabet/Numbers
  • Sentiments
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter
  • Backgrounds/Borders/Frames
  • Animals
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Baby
  • Birthday
  • Children
  • Christmas
  • Easter
  • Floral
  • Friends
  • Halloween
  • Heritage/Family
  • Music
  • Ocean/Beach
  • Outdoor
  • Patriotic
  • School
  • Thanksgiving
  • Travel
  • Valentines Day
  • Prints - Bold
  • Prints - Pastels
  • Prints - Brights
Each of these categories is stored in a 12"x12" folder.


I mentioned that most of my hording has been with paper, but there were a few embellishments that needed to be organized as well. I put these in labeled zip-lock bags and dropped them in the appropriate paper folder.

2) Papers I can't imagine ever using again. These must leave my house as soon as possible.

3) Papers that would work well for cards only. This group is interesting. What I've found is that there are a lot of papers that, while lovely, I can not picture using on a scrapbook page. These papers are just don't fit my current scrapbook style. Most of these came from those "bargain" paper pads that seem like such a great buy until you realize that you only use about 10% of the papers.

Sample of "cards-only" papers
My first inclination was to include it with the group #2 papers. However, they have an interesting design that would work well for a card. Since I have multiple sheets of most of these, I'm looking forward to some mass card production days in my future.