Studio J Experience

I'm thrilled that Close To My Heart included 5 free Studio J layouts with my convention registration. I love this company! I also received instructions for five beautiful layouts teaching new techniques. I just finished my layouts this morning and can't wait to show them to you.

Layout #1
Kit: Lucy; Pattern Stars Above
My favorite technique from this layout is cropping My Stickease borders to make ribbon streamers. The pink lace across the top and on the large photo on the left uses this technique. The short lace pieces hanging down from the buttons is also cropped pieces of border. Pretty nifty!

Layout #2
Kit: Michief; Pattern: Dynamic Duo

Yes, you read that right. The kit for this is Mischief. If you are familiar with that paper you will recall that the primary colors are black and orange with a Halloween theme. The great thing about Studio J is that if you like the patterns but need different colors you can easily change them. I updated the fancy B&T pattern to Lagoon and the grid B&T to Sunset to coordinate with the colors in the pictures.

Layout #3
Kit: Lucky, Pattern: Portrait Collection
For this layout, I changed a text box to a photo box on the left page. Then added a bamboo text box to create a wide border to unify the pictures.

Layout #4
Kit: Magic Moments; Pattern: Powerful Trio
This is another example of changing the colors on the B&T to create a color combo that works for the pictures. On the right page, I layered text boxes and stickease to create the labels for the pictures.
Layout #5
Kit: Crusin'; Pattern: Conclusion Combo
This final layout is of my own design. I have been anxious to use the Crusin paper to scrap my Father-in-laws 50's theme birthday party. So, I created this fun layout instead of the one in the instructions. The layout in the instructions included a really cool technique to make pleated ribbon using ribbon tab that I'll definitely be using on a future layout.

Are you ready to try Studio J? Follow this link to set up your free account and start creating beautiful online layouts. Want to learn more? See my Online Scrapbooking page or email me to schedule a FREE Studio J workshop for yourself and up to 4 friends.