Florentine Layouts

Last week, I my sinuses were making it difficult to breath, and thus difficult to sleep. One morning I woke up around 3:30 and after trying to get back to sleep for about an hour, I decided to make the most of the quiet, sleepless morning and scrapbook. I got out my new pack of Florentine and picked out a few pictures to work with.

For my first layout, I started with the layout included in the Workshop on the Go (WOTG) seen here.

Florentine Workshop On The Go Project Layout

I rotated both pages, moved things around to accomodate a few more pictures and came up with this:



My second layout was inspired by the first page of the bonus layout from the WOTG, but as you can see I changed it up quite a bit.
Florentine Workshop On The Go Bonus Layout

I colored a few of the new Color-Ready Gargen Wooden Shapes with Twilight ink. I started by sponging, but ended up running them across the ink pad. Then I stamped them with the medalion stamp that came in the WOTG with Cocoa ink.

Here's some close ups.




So, here's the deal. I didn't follow the exact directions of the WOTG layouts. However, I used many elements from them that I would not have thought to do on my own. This is exactly what I'll help you do at our Friday Scrapbook Night. Bring a few pictures and I'll help you modify the project or bonus layout as needed. I see the WOTG as a tool to give me new ideas for creativity rather than directions that have to be adhered to religiously.

If you are interested in trying some of these techniques on your own pages, I'd love to see you at my next scrapbooking night on March 2. For more information about this workshop, click here.