Thinking of You Cards

Today, I'd like to present to you the cards we'll be making at the next Cards by the Dozen workshop on January 22.

The theme for the day is "Thinking of You". In planning this workshop, I was thinking of tough circumstances that people go through in life. Have you ever had a friend or family member in the midst of a trying situation and not known what to say? Often the situation is out of our control and the best we can do is let our loved one know we are thinking of them.

This first card is made with the Hope stamp set that CTMH offered in response to the Japan earthquake with proceeds going to the American Red Cross. I made this simple card that I made when I first received the set and thought it would be a nice card to let someone know you are thinking of them.



The second card is uses the on of my favorite discontinued papers - Olivia. I love the barn red, oranges and greens of this paper pack. We will be using sand paper and ink to get the distressed look of this card.


For the final card, I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to create a shaped circle card. The stamping is from the Pair-a-Phrase stamp set and the B&T paper is Sonoma.


Here's the inside of the card:


Need a girls day out? You are welcome to come join us! This is the place to be!

Each person who attends will be making four of each of the three cards above, for a total of 12 cards. Envelopes and all supplies needed to make the cards is included. Just bring yourself!

Date: Sunday, January 22
Time: 2:30 - 5:00 pm
Cost: $12
Place: My house (email for address)