JOY Christmas Card

You don't need to check your calendars. It is still August (for a few more hours). Christmas is still months away. But if you want to send out some handmade Christmas cards, it's not too early to start planning them. Over the last few days, I've come up with a few ideas that I'd like to share with you. I'll be posting one card each day for the next four days. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts so please add them in the comment section after the blog posts.

My first card is really simple. If my goal is to make a ton of cards in a hurry, this is definitely the way to go. Simply cut, stamp, assemble and add ribbon. The ribbon is tied in just a single knot.


Recipe (all Close To My Heart):
Jingle B&T Duos
My Acrylix Friendship Alphabet, All the Best and Everlasting Life
Juniper and Colonial White card stock
Juniper ribbon

The inside is stamped with Isaiah 9:6 ("For unto us a child is born..."). What words could bring more joy than those?

This card uses the retired Jingle paper that I bought when it was discounted (whoo hoo!). The juniper and tulip color combo is atypical for Christmas and adds an fun flair. Before I started, I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it really came together nicely.

What do you think? Please comment, I'd love to get your thoughts!