Roxie Layout - Convention Project #1

The 2011 Close to my Heart Convention at Disneyland was excellent! I had so much fun seeing beautiful artwork, meeting new people, and enjoying fabulous entertainment. But my favorite times were the creative sessions where we got to create using new products. Over the next couple days, I'd like to share with your the projects we made. Let me know if you'd like instructions to make them for yourself!

The first project is this two page layout using the new Roxie paper.


Recipe:
Roxie paper set
10 Things Stamp Set
10-Things Pocket
Rhinestone Bling Assortment

You will noticed the new 10 Things Pocket on the right page. This pocket comes with 10 numbered strips for journaling. Clever!
Close up of the decorated 10-Things Pocket
While the pocket comes blank, it coordinates perfectly with the 10 Things stamp set pictured below. I stamped mine to say "10 Things I Love About You". As you can see in the picture below there are many other options including "I Miss About You", "That make Today great", "I wish for your birthday", and more. There are endless possibilities for using this pocket for both scrapbooking and card making.


New 10 Things Stamp Set
This layout also shows off our new bling! The new Rhinestone embellishment pack comes with 6 large buttons, 6 small buttons, plus 6 pins to add sparkle.
Close up of new bling and ribbon

Here's a great tip I learned for adding pins to projects: You may not be able to tell from the picture, but I attached the paper hearts with 3D foam tape. Not only does this add dimension, but also provides a convenient place to stick the pins. How fun is that?

Did you notice the pretty gathered ribbon that runs across the layout? This is from our new red ribbon pack. The Tulip ribbon I used is pre-gathered, so it's super easy to add a professional look to your projects.

Keep watching my blog for pictures of the other convention projects. I hope my pictures will inspire you to try something new today. It was so much fun experimenting with the new stuff, but it also makes me think of new ways to use my current stash (and make room for the new!). Have fun creating!